I built and mounted the winch part of the crane.
Mounted all of that to the back board.
Mounted the mash stirring motor.
Mounted the heatsink on the SSR and moved it all to the other end
I took no pics along the way so I decided to just make a video of the current state of things.
The steel cable is rated to a over 50 kgs so it should be good for lifting a mash.
I gave the winch a test on the bench and it was easily able to lift a 10kg weight. This is probably more than it needs to lift for a 8-10 litre batch.
I plan to reinforce the backboard at some point too.
I have some 316 stainless steel stock and wire mesh to make up a bag to clip under the lid and a stirrer to connect to the motor.
The idea being that the bag and stirrer easily unclip for removal and cleaning.
I also have a solenoid and some stainless steel to form into level probes. This should allow automated filling of the pot with water.